Thursday, July 26, 2001

Pierre Orsi, Lyon, France


Pierre Orsi, Lyon, France
Thursday 26 July, 2001

How can you visit France and not dine at a Michelin star restaurant? Pierre Orsi has two Michelin stars and is largely viewed as the only restaurant worth visiting in Lyon.

I was very excited about this experience and it lived up to every expectation. Upon arrival you are treated like a star as the staff attend to your every need and guide you through the fabulous restaurant - glass cabinets, gold mirrors and rich drapes - it is warm and inviting.

The food was amazing - I started with their speciality ravioli with truffles and it was spectacular. For main I enjoyed the beef fillet that was cooked to my specifications - medium rare.

The wine was also magnificent - I splashed out on a bottle of Saint Joseph 1999 J. Vidal Fluery - very, very good.

To finish I ordered off the cheese board and took the suggestions of the pleasant staff - I could hardly fault any aspect of this restaurant - it was superb.

http://www.pierreorsi.com/#

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com


View My Stats

AUSTRALIAN FOOD BLOGGERS
Ring Owner: Augustus Gloop Site: Grab Your Fork
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Site Ring from Bravenet