Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Young Alfred, Ground floor, Customs House, Circular Quay


Guest reviewer - Jane

Young Alfred, Ground floor, Customs House, Circular Quay
Tuesday 13 December, 2005

I had the pleasure of attending a business lunch at Young Alfred (Ground floor Customs House 31 Alfred St Sydney, aka Cnr Young & Alfred Street, Circular Quay).

On a beautiful, blue and sunny day, my lunch companions and I had an outdoor table on the lower verandah of historic Customs House, fronting onto Alfred Street at Circular Quay. Service was prompt and friendly, and the restaurant is clearly accustomed to the lunchtime crowd. Meals were prompt and well presented. I had the Seafood Casserole, which was tasty but a little on the small side. The selection was confined to mussels (one of two shells was empty), octopus and pippis (some of which hadn’t opened and needed to be discarded). The title promised so much more!

Two of my three companions had pizza – one the Martha (basil and mozzarella), and the other the Young Alfred “surprise”. I’m glad to say he was pleasantly surprised!. Our fourth dining companion had cod on a bed of cannellini beans, which she found fresh, tasty, and satisfying.

The festive season is taking its toll so with great willpower I abstained from dessert and shared a cheese plate with one other. Four miniscule pieces of cheese just doesn’t cut it in my book, and whilst the prices were reasonable, I expected more.

Young Alfred - Customs House, 31 Alfred Street, Circular Quay - (02) 92515192

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com


View My Stats

AUSTRALIAN FOOD BLOGGERS
Ring Owner: Augustus Gloop Site: Grab Your Fork
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Site Ring from Bravenet