Saturday, April 15, 2006

Buddha Belly, Mona Vale Road, Terrey Hills


Buddha Belly, Mona Vale Road, Terrey Hills
Saturday 15 April, 2006

I love this location - set amongst a Japanese imperial garden and the larger grounds of the Palmland nursery - Buddha Belly is a great place to enjoy breakfast, coffee, lunch etc. It feels like you are miles out of Sydney (and you are) sitting in a Balinese house.

This morning I was meeting some friends there for breakfast. It was packed with cars spilt out onto the main road and further up the gravel driveway to Fish Works. Thankfully, it didn't feel too packed inside. The interior is a series of Balinese houses with no walls and wooden tables and chairs looking out to the Japanese garden.

The staff are friendly and efficient and the breakfast offerings are very good - I enjoyed the Buddha belly bacon and egg roll with hollandaise and capsicum, chilli relish and my breakfast buddies enjoyed their Poached eggs with hollandaise on sourdough toast, Fruit bread with ricotta & honey and Buttermilk pancakes with berry compote, and ice cream. Nothing is over $10.

They also offer a great selection of juices and I loved the Chilli Queen - Pineapple, carrot, chilli and coriander. It had just the right amount of kick to wake me up at 10am on a Saturday morning.

Buddha Belly is also open for dinner and I think my next visit will be to sample their $45.00 per person for two courses or $55.00 per person for three courses menu.

Buddha Belly - 327 Mona Vale Road, Terrey Hills - (02) 9450 1504

http://www.thebuddhabelly.com/index.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com


View My Stats

AUSTRALIAN FOOD BLOGGERS
Ring Owner: Augustus Gloop Site: Grab Your Fork
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Site Ring from Bravenet