Sunday, September 17, 2006

Pizza e Vizzi, Pisa Centrale Station, Pisa


Pizza e Vizzi, Pisa Centrale Station, Pisa
Sunday 17 September, 2006

We were en route to Florence and had to change trains in Pisa. This looked very straight forward on paper, however when we arrived in Pisa - we discovered our train had been cancelled and the platform number changed several times. What can you do?

We knew we had between 45 mins and potentially one hour and a half, so we decided to check out the station food offerings. Of course, there was a McDonalds (we had banned this on our trip), an Italian deli where you could buy panini's, foccacia's etc but my eyes went straight for the pizza bar. It looked so fresh and inviting.

The language barrier was hard but I was served by a lovely woman who was patient and accommodating with me as I tried to figure out what was on each slice. I selected the parma ham and bocconcini and then I watched as she carefully packaged it for me. Each slice is massive - think of a family size pizza and slice it in quarters. She put the slice in it's own pizza box with serviettes and then stored it in a custom built bag. The care she showed for one slice was fascinating.

I returned to our platform with my lunch buddies each carrying their own pizza bag. We all sat down and enjoyed our pizza slice - it was so cheesy and the cheese stretched right out as you took a bite. It was a huge slice and I had to fold it so that I could easily take a bite without losing the topping. We all managed to eat every mouthful - it was fantastic.

Pizza e Vizzi, Pisa Centrale Station, Pisa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com


View My Stats

AUSTRALIAN FOOD BLOGGERS
Ring Owner: Augustus Gloop Site: Grab Your Fork
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Site Ring from Bravenet