Tuesday, December 20, 2005

La Dolce Vita, Pittwater Road, Manly


Guest reviewer - Jane

La Dolce Vita, Pittwater Road, Manly
Monday 19 December, 2005

I’ve long wanted to try this little, too brightly lit, suburban Italian restaurant, but as it sits alongside my favourite Thai and a delicious Chinese, they’ve always won out. The Italian is always popular however, and for a pre-Christmas catch up with a local friend, we thought we’d give it a try. The menu is extensive and after much deliberation I settled on the marinated chargrilled baby octopus for entrée, and the spaghetti marinara for main. Servings are generous and I was quite excited when the octopus arrived - it was beautifully presented, fanned out around a fresh garden salad. It was tasty but too chewy …. my search for the perfect tender chargrilled octopus continues.

I was not disappointed however with the marinara – a generous serve with five large, juicy prawns, a number of mussels in their shells, fish and calamari in a garlicky, chunky tomato sauce. Nobody will come within 5 feet of me today, but I don’t care - I enjoyed every mouthful!

La Dolce Vita - 155 Pittwater Road, Manly - (02) 99765111

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com


View My Stats

AUSTRALIAN FOOD BLOGGERS
Ring Owner: Augustus Gloop Site: Grab Your Fork
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Site Ring from Bravenet