Thursday, December 15, 2005

Industrie, South of France, Pitt St, Sydney



Guest reviewer - Jane

Industrie, South of France, Pitt St, Sydney
Thursday 15 December, 2005

I've been to Industrie, South of France several times for an after work drink, but never to eat. The major appeal for me has always been the ambiance - funky and sophisticated, comfortable and friendly, with a true south of France feel to it. I love how the wait staff greet you in French and appreciate when you at least try to reciprocate. (Bonjour et merci is about the extent of my school girl French!)

I met a business associate there for a quick lunch, and I was not disappointed with the food. I ordered the Confit de Canard - Twice cooked duck leg with asparagus risotto and cranberry relish. The duck literally melted in the mouth, and the flavours were to die for. My companion had the Poussin Fermier - Roasted Thirlmere spatchcock with grainy mustard hollandaise, which will be my pick next time. She highly recommended the chips to share, and I have to say they were THE best chips I've ever had! Just the right amount of crunch.

The service was first class, the meals were divine, and ambiance as always, was just right. Highly recommended for lunch or after work.

Industrie, South of France - 107 Pitt Street, Sydney - (02) 92218001

http://www.industriebar.com.au/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com


View My Stats

AUSTRALIAN FOOD BLOGGERS
Ring Owner: Augustus Gloop Site: Grab Your Fork
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Site Ring from Bravenet