Saturday, April 22, 2006

Meals with Steph, Camperdown, Sydney


Meals with Steph, Camperdown, Sydney
Saturday 22 April, 2006

Another foodie, Steph (from Meals with Steph - not me...seriously) invited a small group of us over for dinner to experience her Guinness beef stew and Toblerone mousse. Never one to turn down a free meal, especially a home cooked meal I gladly accepted.

We were invited into her great open plan apartment and greeted with pesto stuffed olives and a cheese plate. Steph had recently purchased a cooker and shared the joys of this contraption as she put the finishing touches to our meal. The guinness beef stew had been simmering away since 10am that morning so I was salivating as I imagined how tender the meat would be.

We moved to the dining table which was set with fabulous black & white placemats and matching serviettes. The table setting included a centrepiece that looked very modern and included reminders of the Christmas and Easter seasons.

Steph included carrots, mushrooms and onions in her stew and served it on a bed of crushed chat potatoes. Yum! I can categorically say that this was one of the nicest meals I have enjoyed for a while - the beef stew was tender and rich and it's real comfort food. Perfect for the cooler months.

Then we paused for a while before tucking into dessert - toblerone mousse. Well, for all you chocoholics out there have I got a dessert for you. This is the most decadent, rich dessert I have ever tried - Steph served it in a martini glass with a ginger biscuit on top. Wow! As much as I consider myself to be a chocoholic - I couldn't get through this dessert - a few mouthfuls was all I could manage, but gee it tasted good.

Now, to all my friends reading this, please don't think I will be writing up your home cooked meals when you invite me over - this was a one off. Steph has included each recipe on her food blog - so check it out.

Meals with Steph - Camperdown, Sydney

http://www.mealswithsteph.blogspot.com/

1 Comments:

Blogger Swapna madhuri said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com


View My Stats

AUSTRALIAN FOOD BLOGGERS
Ring Owner: Augustus Gloop Site: Grab Your Fork
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Site Ring from Bravenet