Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Burger Bar, Bridge St, Sydney


Burger Bar, Bridge St, Sydney
Tuesday 30 May, 200

Forgive me for I have sinned. It's been three says since my last entry and I was reminded of this fact by a good friend of mine (you know who you are!) who was sick of reading about My Little Cupcake. So I am playing catch up.

Today was lunch at the Burger Bar - it's become a regular haunt of mine since I was introduced to it at the end of last year. The burgers are great, it is very clean, offers minimal but comfortable seating and the staff are really helpful and offer very good service. However, it's a shame about the location - it's hidden amongst the takeaway food places in a small arcade down some steps from Bridge St. On the other hand, maybe that's a good thing....it won't be inundated with new patrons so us regulars can always get a seat!

The menu offerings are very tempting and you order at the bar before receiving a table number. The selections are extensive - approx. 15 different burgers and a range of other meals e.g salads, fajitas etc (for the burger-phobes). Whilst I intend to try a different burger each time I visit, I keep returning to the Chilli beef - 100% premium beef, fresh tomato, jalapeno sauce, iceberg lettuce and avocado sour cream dressing. For approx $10 you can have a burger & fries which on a cold winter day is very hearty and satisfying.

The Burger Bar philosophy is fresh, delicious food made to order. Their menu states, 'All beef patties are made from 100% premium low fat beef. Our burgers are served on a large gourmet bread roll with Burger bar mayo and crisp fresh lettuce plus any nominated sauces and relishes. Our chicken breast is chemical and hormone free'.

Our burgers were delivered promptly and were very tasty. The staff are always really pleasant, happy to chat and clear & clean the tables immediately. This I really appreciate as there is nothing worse than entering a cafe/ restaurant and seeing tables of dirty plates.

The Burger Bar is a real find.

Burger Bar - Lower Ground Floor, 2 Bridge St, Sydney - (02) 9247 0555

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com


View My Stats

AUSTRALIAN FOOD BLOGGERS
Ring Owner: Augustus Gloop Site: Grab Your Fork
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Site Ring from Bravenet