Monday, August 28, 2006

Opera Bar, Lower Concourse Level, Sydney Opera House


Opera Bar, Lower Concourse Level, Sydney Opera House
Monday 28 August, 2006

Visiting Opera Bar you are reminded that we live in the best city in the world. The view is tremendous - directly out to the Harbour Bridge and the skyline of North Sydney to one side and the city skyline to the other - it's spectacular and this is why I keep coming back. It's certainly not because of the food.

Tonight we were off to see Jefferson Mays perform his one man show for the Sydney Theatre Company, "I Am My Own Wife". As it was a 6.30pm performance we had to eat early and Opera Bar can accommodate. For the first time I noticed that Opera Bar is promoting their chef i.e. awarded chef, Christopher Whitehead. The food is modern Australian and there is something for everyone.

I'm a creature of habit so ordered the Beer battered flathead fillets with chips & tartare sauce for $24. I'm so predictable, I've had this each time I've visited - what gives!?@ - Feb 06 and Oct 05. My dinner buddy ordered the lasagne. This came out in a large deep dish with a perfectly cut square piece of lasagne sitting in the middle. The service is fast, the view is amazing and the food is average.

I am still impressed that Opera Bar is promoting the work of SHAG - a great artist that is splashed across their website and also used for their promotional cards. I absolutely love his work.

Opera Bar - Lower Concourse Level, Sydney Opera House - (02) 9247 1666

http://www.operabar.com.au/htmlfiles/index.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com


View My Stats

AUSTRALIAN FOOD BLOGGERS
Ring Owner: Augustus Gloop Site: Grab Your Fork
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Site Ring from Bravenet