Monday, February 13, 2006

Opera Bar, Lower Concourse, Sydney Opera House


Opera Bar, Lower Concourse, Sydney Opera House
Monday 13 February, 2006

I know I've said this before but I really am a creature of habit. You'd think with all the places I've visited I'd be keen to try different meals particularly at those locations I return to semi regularly.

Tonight my STC buddies and I were off to see 'Doubt' at the Sydney Opera House Drama Theatre. With a 6.30pm start we needed a quick bite before the show. Without hesitation we all agreed to meet at the Opera Bar.

As ridiculous as it sounds I didn't even have to look at the menu or share with my STC buddies what I was having - they already knew - beer battered flathead fillets & chips with tartare sauce. Even funnier is that they've been converted too.

For the location alone Opera Bar commands a crowd. Tonight, Monday night, it was absolutely packed - every table was full, the crowd had spilt out onto the upper concourse and there wasn't even live music playing - what gives?

There's always an interesting mix of people at Opera Bar - tourists, theatre-goers, locals, nearby office workers etc - the service is touch & go, you have to queue at the bar to order your meal & you can't book - very few pro's in my book but I keep going back...


Opera Bar - Lower Concourse, Sydney Opera House - (02) 9247 1666

http://www.operabar.com.au/htmlfiles/

1 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

Hi helen,
Thanks for your post. I love it when other foodies take the time to comment and offer their suggestions.
Keep up the great work on your site.
Steph

9:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com


View My Stats

AUSTRALIAN FOOD BLOGGERS
Ring Owner: Augustus Gloop Site: Grab Your Fork
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Site Ring from Bravenet