Sunday, April 08, 2007

Le Petit Creme, Darlinghurst Rd, Darlinghurst

Le Petit Creme, Darlinghurst Rd, Darlinghurst
Sunday 8 April, 2007
The best eggs benedict and bowls of coffee in Sydney - this I had to see for myself! Le Petit Creme is located in the heart of Darlinghurst and is a fabulous French cafe with great staff, service and most importantly, food.
Today was Easter Sunday and whilst many places were closed it was relief to discover that some places remained open. My brunch buddy and I had planned a day of fun - brunch at Le Petit Creme, movie at Dendy Opera Quays (Priceless) and visit to the Art Gallery to see the Archibald, Sulman and Wynne Prizes and Art Express. To achieve all this we needed a hearty breakfast.
The staff were really laid back at Le Petit Creme, they were attentive, courteous and funny - taking their time to assist you chose the perfect meal. For me it was a no brainer - eggs benedict all the way. My brunch buddy opted to design her own omlette opting for Gruyère cheese, bacon, tomato and mushrooms. The coffee was ordered (no bowls for us - we would awake until Christmas!) and was very good but they forgot to bring my second cup. I didn't follow them up and they didn't charge me for it.
The only downside to Le Petit Creme is that the meals are delivered to the table as they are prepared - so my eggs arrived a good 5 mins before the omlette. I guess this isn't such a biggie however it would be nice to have the plates delivered together. The eggs were sensational and came served on top of French brioche that was deliciously sweet and almost pastry like - I loved it but I know this wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea. I chose the ham option (they also offer salmon) and the eggs were large and served runny. The hollandaise was seriously good and the brioche soaked it up. Mmmmm.
Le Petit Creme is a great local cafe - it's the kind of place you could for hours undisturbed and read the papers/ magazines but equally the kind of place you could pop into for a quick bite on the way to somewhere else.
Le Petit Creme - 116 Darlinghurst Rd, Darlinghurst - (02) 9361 4738


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com


View My Stats

AUSTRALIAN FOOD BLOGGERS
Ring Owner: Augustus Gloop Site: Grab Your Fork
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Site Ring from Bravenet