Friday, November 04, 2005

Yellow Bistro & Food Store, Maclay St, Potts Point

YellowBistro & Food Store, Maclay Street, Potts Point
Friday 4 November, 2005

I gave my foodie friend an opportunity to pick any place in Sydney and she picked a place I had never heard of - in Potts Point! Come on, I said, surely you can do better than that?

Well, I ate my words literally. This is a real find and I have been back since to double check it was really that good. The location is fabulous - the trendy end of Maclay St and the building is gorgeous. Terrace like building painted bright yellow and each balcony is closed in with steel images of Picasso's Nude Boy - well, that's what it look like to me....I asked the waiter and he informed me that the balcony images were modelled on Picasso's work and the entire building mirrors a building in Paris. Wow!

For lunch (what impressed me was that each lunch offering was a smaller size than a main, so that you could indulge in something naughty afterwards) I chose the crab and mango stack - piled high with greens and a delicious tangy lime dressing. Very nice and light which meant that I would definitely indulge in something else - chocolate, caramel and macadamia tart - bring it on! Beautiful crust, simple and just so good.
The staff are all good - everyone is friendly, down to earth and happy to chat. I usually sit outside but the indoor area is cosy and spills into the deli/ pastisserie section where you can browse the wonderful quiches, sandwiches, tarts etc. And...the coffee is great too.


Yellow Bistro & Food Store - 57 Maclay Street - (02) 93573400

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com


View My Stats

AUSTRALIAN FOOD BLOGGERS
Ring Owner: Augustus Gloop Site: Grab Your Fork
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Site Ring from Bravenet