Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Yellow Bistro & Food Store, Maclay Street, Potts Point


Yellow Bistro & Food Store, Maclay Street, Potts Point
Wednesday 4 January, 2006

I love this place. I was first introduced to Yellow back in November and have been a massive fan since. I love driving up to it and seeing the bright yellow exterior and the amazing grates over the balconies on the upper floors.

Today I was taking my sister and one her friends (they are both visiting from their home away from home - London) to Yellow for the first time. I was excited as I hoped they would love this place as much as I do and be bowled over the food.

Potts Point has received so much attention lately with the crop of new cafes/ restaurants in Maclay St and Challis St e.g. Lotus.

We ordered a variety of dishes so we could try them all - Crab & papaya stack; wanton broth; pork, fennel & onion salad - they were beautifully presented and all tasted amazing. We all enjoyed swapping dishes and trying a bit of everything.

The thing I like about Yellow is that the meals are not too large. This means that you can still indulge in a dessert - today we outdid ourselves with slices of New York cheese cake; chocolate, macadamia & caramel tart; and lemon tart. Each one was sensational in their own right and we enjoyed their coffee too - Single Origin Roasters.

Judging from the empty plates I'd say we have a winner!

You know a place is good when you seen reknowned chef, author, TV presenter - Kylie Kwong enter and chat to the staff for ages.....

Yellow Bistro & Food Store - 57 Maclay Street, Potts Point - (02) 93573400

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com


View My Stats

AUSTRALIAN FOOD BLOGGERS
Ring Owner: Augustus Gloop Site: Grab Your Fork
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Site Ring from Bravenet