Monday, September 18, 2006

da Scudieri al Battistero, Plaza San Giovanni, Florence


da Scudieri al Battistero, Plaza San Giovanni, Florence
Monday 18 September, 2006

Unfortunately there was no way I was going to enjoy this meal. Let me explain....earlier my lunch buddy and I had taken an excursion to Leccio (where the infamous, overpriced Italian designer discount Mall is located). This town is approx. 35 mins by train from Florence. We were so impressed that we managed to get there on our own with no Italian to guide us. We spent all morning there and caught the 1pm train back to Florence.

We decided to head down to the Duomo area for lunch and once we received our menus at da Scudieri al Battistero I reached into my bag for my journal. I keep a journal on every trip and record everything - names & addresses of restaurants, meals eaten, people I meet, thoughts, feelings etc - it contains everything. Anyway, it wasn't there and I think my heart stopped beating for a second as I realised that everything I had written over the past 3 weeks was gone. Trouble was I knew exactly where I had left it - the train station in Leccio. I decided to stay and have lunch with my shopping buddy but my appetite was gone.

We sat outside overlooking the Duomo that was under scaffolding. I ordered the lasagna but (probably due to my mood) I found it inedible. It was cooked on the outside but it was cold towards the middle. It was served with a side salad but I just had no interest it.

There was, however, a happy ending - I caught the train back to Leccio after lunch and retrieved my journal that some kind soul had left at the station propped up on top of the ticket machine. Thank you!

da Scudieri al Battistero - Plaza San Giovanni 19, Florence

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com


View My Stats

AUSTRALIAN FOOD BLOGGERS
Ring Owner: Augustus Gloop Site: Grab Your Fork
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Site Ring from Bravenet