Tuesday, September 05, 2006

SMH Good Food Guide 2007


Tuesday 5 September, 2006

The anticipation! After Melbourne launched their guide last week, there were whispers during the week as to who received what in Sydney, lost hats, new hats, SMH researchers not doing their research and relying on blogs (god forbid!). I love it!

To view the complete of winners and the Editors' picks - click here

As I am currently travelling I relied on the net to inform me of the winners but a wonderful work colleague sent me a text message to notify me that Becasse won restaurant of the Year - brilliant news. For those that didn't have a chance to read my review of this sensational place - here it is.

Among the three hatters (Bilsons, Claudes, est., Guillaume at Bennelong, Marque, Pier, Quay and Tetsuyas) there are several I've yet to visit. So, I now have these places to add to my list of 'must visit'.

The surprises for me were Icebergs and Pier Tasting Room being awarded 2 hats - what the!?@ I haven't had good experiences at either places.

All in all I thought this years' awards were fair and worthy. What was that famous saying? 'You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com


View My Stats

AUSTRALIAN FOOD BLOGGERS
Ring Owner: Augustus Gloop Site: Grab Your Fork
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Site Ring from Bravenet