Sunday, June 10, 2007

A few of my favourite foodie quotes!

A few of my favourite foodie quotes!
Sunday 10 June, 2007

"There are four basic food groups, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, and chocolate truffles." -- Anon

"Well, dinner would have been splendid…if the wine had been as cold as the soup, the beef as rare as the service, the brandy as old as the fish, and the maid as willing as the Duchess." -- Sir Winston Churchill

"Cultivation to the mind is as necessary as food to the body." -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

"To eat is a necessity. To eat intelligently is an art."-- La Rochefoucauld
"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." -- Mark Twain
"Before eating, always take a little time to thank the food." -- American Indian Proverb

"I hate television. I hate it as much as peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts." -- Orson Welles

"I will not eat oysters. I want my food dead. Not sick - not wounded - dead." -- Woody Allen

"No man is lonely eating spaghetti; it requires so much attention." -- Christopher Morley

"The proof of the pudding is [in] the eating." -- Miguel de Cervantes

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Steph
I'm Kirsty's Mum - we are all so excited about news of the engagement. Looking forward to catching up with you and the family when they return.

Robyn

10:06 am  
Blogger Steph said...

Hi Robyn,

Great to hear from you. I'm so excited too!
Look forward to catching up soon.

Steph

12:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com


View My Stats

AUSTRALIAN FOOD BLOGGERS
Ring Owner: Augustus Gloop Site: Grab Your Fork
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Site Ring from Bravenet