Saturday, September 29, 2007

The Barn Cafe, Middle Head Rd, Mosman

The Barn Cafe, Middle Head Rd, Mosman
Saturday 29 September 2007

This morning was my second outing in over a week. So, I wanted sunshine, blue sky and water views.

I had visited the first Barn Cafe in Rozelle almost 12 months ago and had thought it was over rated. However, it's a new year and they have recently launched a new menu at a new location so why not give it a try?

I must admit that even though I'm a local to this area I have never been to Headland Park - however I did travel past it yesterday on the way to the fabulous Ripples at Chowder Bay. The Barn at Mosman opened in mid August and my breakfast buddy this morning came all the way from across the bridge so I was keen for this part of Sydney to shine.....and it delivered.

The location is spectacular - looking out to the Heads and watching the boats on Harbour - it reconfirms that Sydney is the best city in the world...well, as far as I'm concerned. The site occupied by The Barn is a small cottage with indoor and outdoor seating. The outdoor seating is covered with a recycled timber pergola and there are landscaped lawns (with more to come) in the surrounding area. The menu offers all your breakfast favourites as well as several daily specials listed on a blackboard.

It's family & pet friendly with many locals arriving with their furry friends. The Barn has placed water bowls around the perimeter for the animals and Headland Park offers kids all the distraction they require. We decided to sit outside in the shade on this magnificent morning. I couldn't go past a big coffee and the Mosman breakfast - poached eggs on chunky toast, bacon, pork cumberland sausage & roast tomato. My brunch buddy ordered the smoked salmon scrambled eggs on turkish.

My only gripe was the service. Our coffees were so slow that they arrived at the same time as our breakfast. So, after tucking into breakfast my coffee went cold by the time I was ready to drink it. I would have expected the coffee to arrive well before our food. By the time we had finished our breakfast we needed to order another round of coffees so we could drink them hot. The staff were slow clearing tables too so each new group that arrived had to move dirty plates, cups etc in order to sit down. This was not a good sign.


My brunch buddy & I enjoyed the atmosphere and the wonderful views and stayed for several hours. As this area is still relatively undiscovered it's not overwhelmingly busy and they are currently offering a special of cake & coffee for $6.50 each day between 4 - 5pm. What are you waiting for?

The Barn Cafe - Building 3, 1100 Middle Head Road, Mosman - (02) 9968 2233

http://www.thebarncafe.com.au/

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com


View My Stats

AUSTRALIAN FOOD BLOGGERS
Ring Owner: Augustus Gloop Site: Grab Your Fork
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Site Ring from Bravenet