Friday, September 07, 2007

Oven cafe, Parraween St, Cremorne

Oven cafe, Parraween St, Cremorne
Friday 7 September, 2007



On this APEC Public Holiday we decided to enjoy a movie marathon at the Cremorne Orpheum - 'Forbidden Lies', '4' and 'After the Wedding'. In between films we ducked out for coffee and then again for a late lunch at Oven.

Located in a quiet backstreet behind the hustle & bustle of Military Road, Oven is a little gem. It's cramped, especially when the locals come in for takeaway coffees however if you arrive on a quiet day, like today, it's a cosy, welcoming space. The staff are friendly and try not to make a big deal of squeezing past you every 2 mins to get in and out of the kitchen.

My movie buddy and I needed a quick bite with the emphasis on quick. Viewing the lean lunch menu I opted for the Lamb and sumac panini with garlic yoghurt and my movie buddy chose the Italian sausages on a bed of mash. I had absolutely no idea what sumac was but it was described to me as a spice - dark burgundy in colour, sumac has a tart, sour lemon taste.

Our meals were delivered promptly and were fabulous. My panini with bursting with tender lamb strips and generously coated in garlic yoghurt - it was perfectly prepared. My movie buddy's meal was equally as tempting - two large gourmet sausages sat on a generous pile of creamy mash.

As time was of the essence there wasn't much talking as we devoured our meals. We were impressed.



Oven cafe - 89 Parraween St, Cremorne - (02) 9908 3536

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com


View My Stats

AUSTRALIAN FOOD BLOGGERS
Ring Owner: Augustus Gloop Site: Grab Your Fork
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Site Ring from Bravenet