Saturday, March 11, 2006

Cafe Sofia, Swanson St, Erskineville


Cafe Sofia, Swanson St, Erskineville
Saturday 11 March, 2006

I'd heard about this place from several work colleagues, but Erskineville?? I can barely find my way around Newtown and Enmore.

Well, what a find. Erskineville has a village like atmosphere with great shops, cafes and several pubs. The side streets contain some of the most fabulous, recently renovated terrace houses - this suburb is completely under-rated.

Cafe Sofia was packed this morning. At 10.30am, every table outside was full, so we were led down the skinny corridor leading to the outdoor tables out the back - no luck. Within minutes, one of the staff had secured a table for us - sensational.

As this was our first visit here, my zoo buddy and I didn't know the correct ordering procedure, so had to grab one of the staff to ask how we obtain a menu to order. There are no menus, everything is listed on the chalkboards at the front of the cafe. You order & pay at the coffee bar and are provided with a table number.

My decision was easy, eggs benedict with ham and a skim flat white. My zoo buddy opted for poached eggs and smoked salmon. The service was fast, efficient and they bring everything to your table. The food was good and I had to order a second coffee - it was really good.

Erskineville is a great area, lots of people watching - we saw a well known boy band member locked in a passionate embrace with his partner and another well known gardener plowing into a hot breakfast with friends.

The lunch menu looks equally inviting, so I'll be back.

Cafe Sofia - 7 Swanson St, Erskineville - (02) 9519 1565

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com


View My Stats

AUSTRALIAN FOOD BLOGGERS
Ring Owner: Augustus Gloop Site: Grab Your Fork
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Site Ring from Bravenet