Sunday, November 11, 2007

Delante, Waters Rd, Neutral Bay
Sunday 11 November, 2007




Is this the best breakfast in Sydney? For my money it is. Delante is a local gem located in Neutral Bay. The last time I visited Delante I thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast and was wowed. Today's experience was no different.

As a neighbourhood cafe/ deli Delante is a relaxed place. Locals stroll in and are more than happy to wait on the pavement for a table to become available. We strolled up at just the right time with one table spare...outside. This was just what we were after - there are only a handful of tables on the sidewalk and the weather was perfect.

The staff seemed to have changed hands again and were a little green e.g. wobbly hands with the coffee and clearing plates before both of us had finished. We ordered coffees straight off the bat and were not disappointed - they were sensational. So, much so that I had to order another after breakfast. For breakfast I took my breakfast buddies suggestion...again and went with his order - Blue swimmer crab scrambled eggs with potato rosti, spinach leaves in balsamic and a side of sausage & bacon. Bring it on!

After a short-ish wait during which we got to enjoy our coffees our breakfast was delivered to another table - oops! This was annoying more than anything and they were promptly retrieved and given to their rightful owners....us. The presentation was superb and we couldn't look at them a second longer.

The taste? Truly magnificent. The softness of the eggs embedded with blue swimmer crab was outstanding and I want the serving to be never ending (just like tim tams). However, my eyes were bigger than my belly and by the time I had eaten my way through the sausages, bacon, potato rosti and spinach leaves I only managed to eat about 75% of my eggs. This was a blessing for my breakfast buddy who happily finished them off.

I could easily swing by Delante every weekend for breakfast.

Delante - Shop 1/12 Waters Rd, Neutral Bay - (02) 9953 1789

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com


View My Stats

AUSTRALIAN FOOD BLOGGERS
Ring Owner: Augustus Gloop Site: Grab Your Fork
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Site Ring from Bravenet