Thursday, September 06, 2007

SMH Good Food Guide 2008

Thursday 6 September, 2007

As September rolls around (are the years getting faster or is just me??) we know some big announcements will be made. Each year the anticipation of the SMH Good Food Guide brings excitement, joy and sorrow and as far as I'm concerned this year - the editors got it so right.

If you haven't seen who was awarded what - click here

The top award went to Tetsuya's as Restaurant of the Year - Three hat honours went to these great Sydney restaurants:
  • Bilson's
  • Claude's
  • est
  • Marque
  • Pier
  • Quay
  • Tetsuya's
What an illustrious group. During the week I read another article that added further weight to these awards.....four Australian chefs are listed in the new box "My Last Supper: 50 Great Chefs and Their Final Meals Portraits, Interviews and Recipes" by Melanie Dunea. The eagerly anticipated book will arrive here in November and features:
  • Chui Lee Luk (Claudes)
  • Guillaume Brahami (Guillaume at Bennelong)
  • Neil Perry (Rockpool)
  • Tetsuya Wakuda (Tetsuya's)
What made me really happy????

1) Glebe Point Diner being awarded one hat
2) Pier Tasting Room losing one hat
3) Alchemy 731 losing a hat

Where am I planning to eat in the next few months????

1) Oscillate Wildly (if I can get a reservation, I've tried twice and am getting a little tired of hearing they are continually booked out)
2) Restaurant Balzac (the last time I ate there they were in the old digs)
3) Claudes (I've never been there so it's about time...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com


View My Stats

AUSTRALIAN FOOD BLOGGERS
Ring Owner: Augustus Gloop Site: Grab Your Fork
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Site Ring from Bravenet